AKDHA Scholarship Application Instructions
The Executive Committee of the Andreas Killian Descendants Historical Association is
pleased to announce we will be awarding two (2) $500 to $1,000 scholarships this year.
- Please print or type all information.
- If any requested information is not applicable, please indicate in the appropriate spaces.
- "Applicant" refers to the student applying for the scholarship.
- Current ACT or SAT scores (high school applicants only).
- Current high school or college transcripts
- Current letters of recommendation (2) from teachers or educators familiar with the applicant?s scholastic
achievement and character.
- Current letter of recommendation from an individual in the community who can provide information
regarding the applicant?s character, achievements in civic and potential in leadership and civic affairs.
- Hand-written or typed essay on the topic "I Can Make a Difference." 6. List of community and/or extra-curricular activities.
NOTE: Any omission of the above six attachments will automatically disqualify the applicant.
The Applicant, by signing, certifies that the information in this application is true and correct.
The Applicant understands the application and attachments will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and
that any misstatement or omission will result in the revocation of consideration or award.
The Applicant understands all information will be reviewed only by the Scholarship Committee. Only the award
winners will be announced at the Annual Killian Reunion.
Each Applicant will receive a letter of response, confirming their participation.
Dates To Remember
- May: Completed applications and all attachments must be postmarked no later than May 10th,
and mailed (not faxed) to the President of the AKDHA (see bottom of application section for
address). The Scholarship Committee determines the finalists. Finalists may be contacted by a member of the Scholarship Committee for a brief telephone interview.
- August: The winners are selected and notified prior to August 1st.
- September: The winner is announced at the Annual Association Business Meeting. The winner
need not be present at the meeting, but understands that his/her name will be introduced to the attendees.